Johnstown, CO Real Estate
Welcome to Johnstown, CO
Do you prefer small towns that focus on a close-knit community and a variety of family-friendly activities? Then, Johnstown, CO is perfect for you. Centrally located near Denver and Ft. Collins, the town continues to better their economic development by improving their downtown and having a strong Chamber of Commerce, which hosts business community events monthly.
For those considering moving here, Johnstown offers several neighborhoods near the heart of town, city parks, and community events.
The Lifestyle: Close-knit Community, Artsy, Outdoorsy
Residents in Johnstown spend lots of time together, either at neighborhood parks or recreation centers or community festivals. The city also takes pride in long-time restaurants and theatre experiences. These are some activities you may try during your stay.
You’ll find picturesque views of the Rocky Mountains at this 18-hole course with its rolling hills and water features. It’s become a popular spot to take golfing lessons or host an actual tournament.
This annual community event has been happening for over 100 years the first weekend in June. It features a Fireman’s breakfast, a parade, family games and entertainment, lots of food, and evening fireworks.
Spend the day at this city park, where you’ll find a lighted hockey rink, skating park, soccer field, and basketball court, along with a picnic area.
Johnstown CO’s Real Estate Market
Johnstown offers quality and affordable housing options. You’ll find ranch-style and 2-story homes, as well as luxury townhomes with first-class amenities.
Several of the neighborhoods, including Rocksbury Ridge and Pioneer Ridge offer new construction and several different floor plans, while including preferred amenities like Energy Star appliances, large walk-in closets, vaulted ceilings, and a two-car garage.
Featured Neighborhoods in Johnstown:
- Rocksbury Ridge – This subdivision features both ranch and two-story homes, conveniently located near the I-25 freeway. Residents have access to several miles of private hiking trails and a community lake, as well as being close to other parks, good schools and shopping.
- Pioneer Ridge – You’ll find brand new homes with stunning views of the Rocky Mountains with large lawns and two-car garages. You’ll be close to Pioneer Ridge Park and the exemplary Pioneer Ridge Elementary School.
- Rolling Hills Ranch – You’ll find custom two and three bedroom townhomes, complete with an outdoor patio or deck and two-car attached garage. The townhomes come ready with four television jacks and Internet ready.
- Johnstown Center – This neighborhood is closest to Lake Park and the Library so you’ll able to attend activities. You’ll find both townhomes and ranch-style homes with open floor plans, including walk-out basements and finished gardens.
You’ll Enjoy: Mexican Cuisine, Close-Knit Community, and Theatre
Johnstown is known for its welcoming close-knit community that mingles together among the community pool or book club, but the city also features luxury dinner theatres and authentic Mexican cuisine for fun nights out. With a varied amount of activities, here is our suggested itinerary for exploring Johnstown.
- Saturday Morning– Attend Book Club at the Glenn A Jones MD Memorial Library and discuss bestsellers with other residents.
- Saturday Lunch–When you’re ready, stop into Ajuua for a Mexican lunch. Try their Fajitas for Two or their infamous Sopitos with beef or chicken, garnished with the works.
- Saturday Afternoon-Spend the afternoon outdoors, playing a round of golf, walking around a park, or exploring the Johnstown Straw Maze in the fall.
- Saturday Evening-Attend a Broadway performance at the Candlelight Dinner Playhouse, where you’ll be treated to a full dinner with upgraded desserts and drinks available.
- Sunday-After sleeping in, treat yourselves to brunch at the Bonefish Grill. Breakfast favorites include Creme Brulee French Toast and Surf & Turf Eggs Benedict.
Distinquished Schools in Johnstown, CO
- Pioneer Ridge Elementary |Grades K-5 | 2300 Cinnamon Teal
- Letford Elementary | Grades PK-5 |2 North Jay Ave
- Roosevelt High | Grades 9-12 |616 North 2nd St
- Knowledge Quest Academy| Grades K-8| 705 School House Drive
Johnstown, CO Utilities
- Town of Johnstown | Water & Sewer | http://www.townofjohnstown.com/index.aspx?nid=93
- Xcel Energy | Gas | http://www.xcelenergy.com/
- Baha Cable | Cable Services | http://www.bajabroadband.com/
The Workforce: A Community Coming Together
For over 20 years, Johnstown’s economic development team and Chamber of Commerce have been working together so local businesses can succeed. They’ve improved the downtown area, the I-25 Gateway Center, and the industrial area in Johnson’s Corner. In addition, the city hosts an After Hours Business event every month, where locals network.
Why Live Here: Small-town Community Makes Big Dreams Happen
As you relocate, remember Johnstown offers so many ways to meet your neighbors and often mingling and networking helps build up a new business. In addition, the neighborhoods offer scenic views and city parks.
See All Available Johnstown Listings