One of the most important steps towards selling your Loveland area home is finding the right real estate agent. The selling process is much too complicated to do on your own, not to mention that using a real estate agent will give you access to numerous resources that will help sell your home quickly and at price you are comfortable with. But how exactly do you go about finding the right real estate agent? The following are a few tips to help you do just that:
- Check the licensing – Inquire with Colorado’s regulatory body in order to find out if the real estate agent you are looking at is licensed as a real estate agent.
- Use recommendations – Speak with friends and family that have sold or bought homes within the area. They will tell you if they had a good or bad experience with certain real estate agents and why.
- Speak with previous clients – Most real estate agents will be happy to provide you with a list of previous clients that you can speak with. Ask the real estate agent if any of their clients were either very pleased or very disappointed. Try to speak with clients that were both, in order to judge the real estate agent’s worthiness.
- Look up reviews – It’s much easier these days to access reviews of previous clients. There are plenty of real estate websites out there that have online reviews posted on different real estate agents. This is an easy way to get an overall feel for the quality of the real estate agent.
- Look for awards – Look the real estate agent up and see if he or she has won any awards, such as “Realtor of the Year” type distinctions provided by the National Association of Realtors. These types of awards tend to be a good indication of their quality as a real estate agent.
- Make sure they have experience – Just because a real estate agent has been working in real estate for a decade doesn’t mean that they have the experience you need. You need to make sure they are specialized in what you are trying to accomplish. If you are trying to sell a small single-family home and the real estate agent specializes in selling luxury homes and vacation houses, he or she may not be the best fit for your needs.
- Interview the real estate agent – There are several things that you want to get out of an interview with a real estate agent. First of all, you should make sure that you get along with him or her. If you don’t get along, then it’s going to be an incredibly difficult process, no matter how qualified the agent may be. Secondly, you’ll want to ask questions about how the agent plans on marketing your home, how they will go about with negotiations and more.
- Avoid using friends or family – You might have a friend or family member that is a real estate agent. On first thought, it might make sense to use them. They will give you special attention and ensure that your home gets sold for the amount you desire. However, on second thought, it’s probably not a good idea at all. If the selling process becomes difficult, you may end up jeopardizing your relationship.
If you plan on selling your Loveland area home, then hiring a real estate agent is a must. There are a lot of real estate agents out there, so use these tips to find the right one for you.
See What We Offer Home Sellers